Monday, September 17, 2007

Stone Age/Cinema


Hello, all! I'm new to the blog, so I thought I'd introduce myself: I'm Dr. Warren-Crow, a new assistant professor in the Conceptual Studies program.

Check this out: The Walker Art Center in Minneapolis is currently exhibiting Catherine Sullivan's Triangle of Need, a multichannel video installation that gloriously brings together a rich industrialist, a Chicago tenement, and the last 2 Neanderthals in the world. I haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait. On the right you'll see the artist and her collaborators installing the piece. For more information, see: http://www.mnartists.org/article.do?rid=158717
and this interesting interview of choreographer Dylan Skybrook: http://blogs.walkerart.org/visualarts/2007/08/16/neanderthal-dance-doryun-chong/

I like what he says about Sullivan's mind "being kind of like a 3-D grid, where various vectors freely and unexpectedly converge and intersect."

1 comment:

asarwate said...

Welcome to... um, the "blogosphere," Heather!